Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting for an Industrial Security (ISSM) / Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to support the Dayton, Ohio facility.
This position is for an ISSM- Interprets requirements, develops procedure, and monitors practices to ensure company and government requirements are appropriately implemented. Functions as a liaison between the organization and customers and other company and external organizations. Investigates, analyzes, and resolves moderately complex questions and problems. Assists less experienced personnel.
Provide oversight, policy, and procedure development, and related functions in compliance with RMF (JSIG), DCID 6/3, JAFAN 6/3, and NISPOM. As part of the Security Team, the position is responsible for implementing, operating, and managing security requirements both technical and administrative on classified systems.
- Developing and maintaining C&A packages for classified information systems.
- Preparing and analyzing test results for development into a POA&M.
- Providing information security support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system life cycle.
- Conduct weekly systems audits of both automated and manual audit logs.
- Performing software patch installation, antivirus updates, and conducting security self-reviews.
- Ensuring configuration management (CM) for security-relevant software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented.
- Perform evaluation and obtain DAA authorization for new software, hardware, and firmware before implementation on the system.
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and providing guidance on mitigating risks
- Initiating protective or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Ensuring that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored.
- Representing IA in security, project, and technical exchange meetings
- Perform system administration tasks to include desktop support, and network administration functions
- Ensuring that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before being granted access to systems.
- Must be available for occasional after hours assistance. Limited travel within the continental United States may be required.
- Must have an active Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Combination of related industrial security experience will be considered.
- Requires U.S. Citizenship and must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and pass DCID/JAFAN 6/4 eligibility.
- Possession of Security+ required, and completion of appropriate USG-sponsored (DOD, DNI, etc.) ISSO/ISSM training courses desired. CISSP preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of C&A experience directly related to the NISPOM, DCID 6/3 and JFAN 6/3 accreditation processes and 3 years in system administration/desktop support.
- Knowledge of RMF (JSIG) and NISPOM Chapter 8 practices desired.
- A working knowledge of COMSEC equipment to include handling keying material and troubleshooting encryption devices.
- Must have the ability to conduct validation testing using automated assessment tools.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Experience in the use of Windows Operating Systems, in physical and virtual environments.
- Technical knowledge of computer and network hardware and software systems.
- Specialized knowledge in areas such as security training and awareness, computer forensic investigations, systems security administration, data recovery and network security control, design and implementation, as well as facility and physical security requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years