Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Composites Paint Technician
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting individuals experienced with Spray Painting and plating processes for Composite Technicians at our Dayton, OH location.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET SECURITY clearance
- Must have working knowledge of Spray Painting and Coating processes.
- Operates forklifts
- Conscious of Personal/TEAM safety
- Responsible for product quality
- Commitment to work off shifts if needed is a must
- Commitment to travel out of state for temporary work if needed
- Willingness to work at either of our Beavercreek or Kettering locations as needed
- 2 years minimum experience with Spray Painting and Coating processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to read and interpret written procedures and perform the functions as specified by the procedure
- Able to work in a standing position for extended time periods
- Demonstrates good mechanical aptitudes and ability to perform work in close tolerance situations
- Understands basic math skills and ability to read and use various calibrated measuring instruments, accurately
- Demonstrates positive attitude toward operational safety, product quality, product schedule, and product cost
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in team environment.
- Ability to understand and work with knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and disciplines
- Ability to work well in hand crafted product environment.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED