Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in our Iuka, MS location.
Active security clearance preferred but not required
Support software programing for the manufacture of large composite structures for aircraft and launch vehicles. Work closely with operations and manufacturing engineering to create and maintain software programming to hand layup, automated fiber placement, bonding, autoclave cure, NDI, machine, and assemble composite structures.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Generally requires BS & 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be experienced in the use CAD software packages; CATIA V5 and NX preferred
- Must be experienced in PLC programming
- Must be experienced in programming in G-code
- Must be willing to be trained and learn legacy software
- Must interface productively with production technicians and manufacturing engineers
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Virtek or LPT laser projection systems
- Experience in programming Siemens 840D SL
- Experience in SQL Server
- Experience in LabView
- Software experience in Java and web services
- Electro Mechanical background
Competencies for Success:
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years