Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Aircraft Machine Operator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a CNC Machine Operator for our aerospace structures facility in Iuka, MS. Products manufactured include high precision, tight tolerance carbon fiber structures.
This will be a night shift position.
- Demonstrates operating discipline in manufacturing environment
- Able to read and interpret written procedures and perform the functions as specified by the procedure
- Able to work in a standing position for extended time periods
- Demonstrates good mechanical aptitudes and ability to perform work in close tolerance situations
- Understands basic math skills and ability to read and use various calibrated measuring instruments, accurately
- Demonstrates positive attitude toward operational safety, product quality, product schedule, and product cost
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in team environment
- Ability to understand and work with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles and disciplines
- Ability to work well in hand crafted product environment
- 3 years minimum experience with 5-Axis CNC Machining or Greater
- 3 years minimum experience with Fanuc Controller
- 3 years experience with Siemens 840D Controller
- 3 years experience with 5 Axis CNC Probing
- Manufacturing of composite (carbon fiber) structures
- Operates cranes, forklift, and tow tractors
- Follows procedures precisely to achieve close tolerance process efficiency and repeatability
- Operates computer-controlled equipment including large gas fired ovens, CNC machines
- Responsible for maintaining:
- Personnel / TEAM safety
- Product quality
- Statistical process controls
- Production schedules
- Lean Manufacturing Systems
- Work cell budgets within a fast paced and changing environment
- Operates light-duty bench or floor type machine tools and equipment such as lathes, power mills, extruding machines, drills or punch presses, power brakes, shears or saws.
- Set up machining and make adjustments, perform maintenance on machines
- Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances.
- Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED