Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Engineer (Night Shift)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Clearfield, UT location
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the support of the machining, waterjet cutting and non-destructive inspection (NDI) processes in our state of the art Commercial Aircraft Center of Excellence, where we build carbon composite aerospace structures using high rate, patented forming technologies. The position is for a Manufacturing Engineer on weekday night shifts. Responsibilities include working closely with manufacturing personnel to solve production issues on automated and manual processes, using data based problem solving techniques to determine root cause and corrective actions. Working in cross functional teams the Manufacturing Engineer develops and maintains the process capabilities, ensuring the safety and quality of the manufacturing processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinates with Operations and internal customers on process improvement and manufacturability.
• Coordinates with production in resolving part quality and manufacturing process issues, supporting the resolution of complex manufacturing problems.
• Conduct root cause and corrective action investigations using multiple tools; 5 Whys, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), etc.
• Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
• Incorporate engineering changes on work in process.
Attributes for Success:
• Good communication skills.
• Able to work as part of a multi discipline team
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, able to multitask and prioritize.
• Strong attention to detail, with high motivation for excellence.
• Knowledge of root cause and corrective action processes and techniques
• Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), SPC
• Experience working with aerospace specifications and requirements preferred
• Composites experience preferred
• Understanding of Catia V5, CAD, CNC programs and controls preferred
Requirements & Qualifications:
• BS degree in applicable engineering
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years