Orbital ATK Careers
Sr. Principal NDI Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Non-Destructive Inspection Technician
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group has an opening for a non-destructive inspection (NDI) technician that will work closely with development scientists, engineers and NDI technicians to provide laboratory and production support for composite structures.
The Inspection Development Group is responsible for the development of NDI technologies and implementation of production inspection systems that include:
- Ultrasonic and ultrasonic phased array measurements of composite materials.
- The development and implementation of other NDI solutions including ultrasonics, sensors, thermography, shearography, radiography, and electromagnetic techniques.
- Inspection systems design, construction, and qualification.
- Machine vision inspection for foreign object debris (FOD) and flaws in composite manufacturing.
- NDI signal processing and defect detection algorithm development.
- Perform NDT development, qualification, and procedures.
- Assist in transitioning methods and procedures to production environment
- Setup and support laboratory NDT instrumentation and measurements.
- Perform product inspections and buy-offs.
- Defect standard design and oversight.
- Understanding and interpretation of program requirements and specifications.
- Train, test, and certify other NDT technicians for certification.
- Evaluate and compile data and writing report summaries.
- Assisting in instrumentation and hardware purchasing, assembly, and testing.
- Willingness to perform basic laboratory / shop tasks not related to NDT such as electronics, machine shop tools, rapid prototyping, and metal/plastics fabrication.
- Willingness to travel for off-site inspections.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Training and certification in multiple NDT disciplines (thermography, shearography, ultrasonics, radiography, eddy current)
- Knowledge of NDI sensors and instrumentation
- Working knowledge of basic NDI mathematics and equations
- Background knowledge and experience in composites materials, fabrication, and effective inspection strategies.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- NAS 410 Level II (or greater) certification in thermography and/or shearography is a primary requirement.
- NAS 410 Level III certification in other NDT disciplines such as UT, ET, AE) is highly desired.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation including measurements and I/O.
- Report writing and presentations preparation skills;
- A motivated self starter and problem solver that can solve problems without supervision.
Position will be located at Clearfield, UT
Equal Opportunity Employer
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2018
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED