Orbital ATK Careers
Conformal Antenna, Radome and Electromagnetic Structures Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting electrical design engineers for Conformal Antenna, Radome, and Electromagnetic Structures at our Dayton, OH location.
Job Description: This position requires individual and team focused research, design, analysis, prototyping, test validation, and manufacturing support. Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability & Affordability is preferred. The ability to engage in Leadership and/or Systems Engineering roles is emphasized. Prior experience with the requirements of MIL-STD-461/462/464/810 and DO-160 is beneficial. Applicants must Demonstrate prior working experience in Conformal Antenna and FSS Radome Design, Low Observable (LO) / RCS reduction techniques, and substantiate prior project leadership and/or systems engineering experience. Prior experience with Passive and Active Arrays is also preferred. Design and Analysis will include industry standard software packages, along with a host of proprietary software tools. Daily planning and project status updates will be required. Regular communication with management staff and customers, along with Integrated Product Team (IPT) members is expected to be successful. Plan and assist hardware validation using standard microwave test equipment and techniques including vector network analyzer (VNA) and anechoic chambers for gain and RCS.
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain (Requires US Citizenship)
- Electrical Engineering, specializing in RF / Electromagnetics; 10 years with B.S., 5 years with M.S. or PhD
- Solid background in electromagnetics and microwave / antenna design
- Relevant experience in aerospace industry, with design experience in conformal antenna apertures / arrays, FSS radomes, and survivable structures
- Working experience with EM analysis tools (e.g. HFSS, FEKO, PMM, XPATCH, RAM2D)
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Materials and their properties
- Working experience with test and evaluation of microwave devices; utilizing RF test equipment such as a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Ability to develop product designs independently and cooperatively in a team setting, and verify those designs through prototype fabrication and testing
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience fostering and leading in a culture of continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Desired Capabilities:
- Working experience within various anechoic test chambers
- Project Leadership
- Systems Engineering
- Ability to create software algorithms for design, optimization, and data analysis using MATLAB
- Familiar with common material measurements for the extraction of electrical properties
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes
- Ability to work across multiple projects and follow through to completion
- CEM analysis of large structures
Initial survey and phone interview(s) followed by on-site professional interview, including a presentation demonstrating stated capabilities. A background verification, including references supporting relevant work experience will be required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years