Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CNC Programmer (Candidate Must Currently Hold and Active Secret Clearance)
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a CNC Programmer to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
As a Software Engineer, you will use CAD / CAM tools to generate or edit Machine Programs to support automated machining centers
Requirements & Qualifications:
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- Must have an active clearance with an investigation within the last 4.5 years (or 4 years 6 months)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 4 years related work experience
- Working knowledge of NX CAM 5-Axis Milling
- Working knowledge of Surfcam
- Fanuc 31i experience
- Siemens 840D experience
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing machine problems and instigate corrective actions and follow-up on equipment i.e. CNC mills/lathes
- Prepare solid model or complex geometry
- Perform blue print reading
- Troubleshooting manufacturing processes
- Windows and MS office skills required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with NX and Siemens FiberSIM
- Aerospace or manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with composites
- Project Management
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a dynamic fast paced, changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to deal effectively with stress and conflict
- Initiative, highly motivated self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy, results oriented, self-reliant, team player
- Demonstrated work ethic
Requisition may be filled at one level lower requiring a Bachelors degree in Engineering
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years