Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Electrical Engineer to join our team in Chandler, AZ.
Based on specific stated objectives perform analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Sstudy basic design concepts and criteria for assigned complex materials, components, or functional systems to ascertain the engineering principles involved and to adopt features from previously successful designs of a similar nature. With general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design of assigned complex components and functional systems. Study the operation of systems, select major components to meet functional and operational requirements, and determine the optimum location and arrangement from an engineering, manufacturing, and service standpoint. Direct the more detailed analysis and design and follow up to assure compliance with original philosophy and good engineering practices. Develop general test program to evaluate new materials of products.
- Candidate shall possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related field.
- A DOD Secret security clearance is preferred, ability to obtain a clearance is mandatory.
- Electrical engineering candidate with an understanding of electrical and electronic system design, integration and test.
- Some hands on test experience with electrical systems or components is required.
- Skills to write test procedure and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and passed all required tests.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as ability to communicate with engineers and other departments are important.
- The ability to perform engineering analyses or reports using tools such as PSpice or Matlab.
- Documentation skills and experience on common PC desktop applications are also required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance and travel of up to 15% of the time are also required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters in Engineering & 1 years.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years