Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mid-Level Analysis Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK’s Missile Products Division is currently seeking an Analysis Engineer who will assist in the planning, conducting, and reporting of structural/ thermal analysis activities at our Rocket Center, WV offices. With its broad product line ranging from solid rocket motors to ammunition to electronic fuzes, Allegany Ballistics Lab (ABL) provides engineering challenges in design, development, and production with analysis and simulation of products, processes, and testing.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is seeking a highly motivated structural analysis engineer to work in the exciting and challenging world of tactical propulsion. Position duties center on the use of finite element analysis as applied to mechanics and heat transfer in evaluating rocket motors and other defense and aerospace systems. Experience with solid rocket motors, composite structures, or dynamics is desirable, but not required.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Analysis model formulation and FEA solution using Abaqus/CAE, Abaqus/Standard, and Abaqus/Explicit
- Providing technical assessments of results and giving design guidance with specialized knowledge of mechanics of materials for orthotropic, hyperelastic, and visocelastic materials
- Reporting of analysis results in written and oral formats
- Peer reviewing of other analysts work products, including efforts at other corporate business locations
- Interfacing with internal/external customers and with support personnel in design and testing
- BS in Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering (3.0 GPA or higher) with 4 years related experience, or MS in the same engineering disciplines and 2 years related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with finite element analysis programs, Abaqus preferred
- Static structural and structural/thermal analysis
- Buckling, stability, and modal analysis
- Working knowledge of composite materials
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite is required. Preference given to candidates with active DoD clearances
- Advanced knowledge of composite materials failure analysis
- Advanced knowledge of steady state and transient dynamic analysis
- Advanced knowledge of progressive damage analysis
- Advanced knowledge of viscoelastic and hyperelastic material modeling
- Advanced knowledge of adhesives and adhesive joints
- Working knowledge of CFD
- Proficiency with Siemens NX
- Script writing, workflow automation
- Constitutive model development and implementation
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Attention to details
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Specific title commensurate with experience.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years