Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
HVAC and Refrigeration Mechanic
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Duties: Under minimum supervision, install, maintain and repair water pumps, hydraulic systems, servo systems, controllers and air conditioning & refrigeration systems. Inspect, dismantle, repair, assemble, service & erect all types of mechanical and processing equipment.
Responsibilities: Candidate must be able to organize work area and maintain neat and proper records. Candidate must be able to analyze data and make appropriate judgments and must be able to work effectively with Plant Management.
- High school diploma required.
- Mechanical ability to perform following duties: Experience servicing, maintaining and repairing industrial mechanical equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience servicing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing industrial refrigeration systems.
- Must possess valid Universal Refrigeration certificate.
- Candidates must provide documentation showing all applicable experience and training with appropriate references.
Must have a thorough understanding of mechanical systems including but not limited to:
- · Conveyor Systems
- · Automated Production Machines
- · Perform Preventative Maintenance on plant equipment
- · The ability to use CMMS, Computerized Maintenance Management System
- · Theory and practice of refrigeration mechanics and controls, gear and pulley systems, air compressors, filters and dryers, and pumps
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED