Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Control Inspector
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Our facility in Goleta, CA is seeking an experienced Quality Control Inspector with relevant aerospace industry experience working on small, medium and/or large government and commercial programs.
- Performs receiving inspection per work order requirements, verifies supplier compliance with purchase order requirements, and verifies material samples and part coating thickness
- Performs dimensional inspections using Orbital ATK set-ups and hand-held instruments to measure parts and assemblies to drawing requirement per ANSI-Y14.5
- Performs in-process inspections of assembled hardware per drawing requirements, verifies accuracy of entries on data sheets, work orders, adhesive mixes, and log books;
- Performs solder inspection of lead wires and electronic components after being certified
- Performs quality review of work orders prior to their closure to verify count and condition of parts or assemblies, that all operations are complete, that associated kit lists are accurate, and that parts are correctly labeled;
- Maintain First Pass Yield metrics for all inspections performed
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Dimensional inspection use of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to drawing requirements per ANSI-Y14.5 preferred
- Experience performing source inspections at sub-tier suppliers
- Experience working with reduced dimension drawings and/or CAD files
- Proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Experience inspecting tight tolerance machined components with complex geometry
- Experience with dimensional inspection using precision hand tools and surface plate setup
- Proficient blueprint reading skills
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- 3-5 years of experience in aerospace industry or similar field
- Familiarity with aerospace standards (ex. AS9100, ISO9001)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Competent in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED