Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Production Planning Assistant
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The San Diego, CA office is looking for an Associate Production Planning Assistant to join their team.
1st and 2nd Shift positions available!
- Optimize inventory storage systems
- Interface with Production, Quality Control, Purchasing, Production Control and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Make decisions on part categorization, default bin size and location, and determine minimum and maximum quantity
- Research kit shortages, expedite missing kits, and be meticulous in kit integration
- Understand, research, and reconcile traceability
- Ensure inventory processes comply with quality standards and procedures
- Participate in 5S and other continuous improvement practices
- Manage projects using relevant software tools and track to meet completion dates
- Support the organization’s metric goals and objectives
- Analyze flow of material to reduce time of request to delivery
- Packing and shipping outgoing orders via UPS, FedEx and various freight carriers.
- Receive and transact all incoming material in MRP system
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have a good knowledge of inventory operations within an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and Microsoft applications
- Capable of using forklift and other inventory related equipment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED