Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Track material shortages for work-orders, Kits, sub-assemblies based on bill-of-material or drawings or configuration. Highlight to management critical part shortages that will jeopardize ship schedule.
- Create and release work orders based on bill-of-materials and configuration. Close work orders after sub-assemblies, assemblies and integration are complete.
- Maintain materials, parts and bill of materials, ensuring bill of material supports efficient material flow and is aligned with assembly process.
- Planner must understand manufacturing capacity and allocate as required to meet build plan commitments. Expedites and reschedules open purchase orders to suit production-planning requirements
- Must understand & execute material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning and other advanced material planning needs
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments, according to manufacturing schedules or priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records
- Effectively communicate and report material status, issues, and highlights
- Prioritize Work Orders and program needs against overall company program needs
- Update Work Orders based on Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in Production Control as a Planner in a manufacturing environment utilizing a MRP system.
- Working computer literacy using an ERP system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), spreadsheet and production control and work order procedures are required
- Must have experience in rescheduling, canceling, opening and closing work orders per MRP.
- Must be experienced in understanding product structures, configurations and bill-of-material and parts specification
- Must have experience in creating metrics for production demands, tracking part shortages, open PO’s, track due dates and inventory reports
- Strong analytical skills are a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and very tight timelines
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Generally requires BS & 2 years or equivalent combination of education & experience
- ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years