Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Supervisor, Operations (VSL Support Role)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Our San Diego, CA site is currently seeking a VSL Support Role (Supervisor, Operations) to provide leadership and execution support to our Space Components Division team at our San Diego, CA site.
The VSL Support Role (Supervisor, Operations) is responsible to support Space Value Stream Leaders (VSL) with complete operational execution from order through delivery to internal and external customers.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Accountability for meeting or exceeding the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Employee and Cost expectations of internal and external customers across assigned Space/Aircraft programs. Support and drive continuous improvements to support year-over-year SQDEC goals.
- Collaboration and coordination with Operations, Engineering, and Business Support Functions to achieve product and site business goals
- Support VSL’s to ensure that equipment and machinery are maintained in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules for assigned areas
- Support VSL’s provide inputs into customer proposals by providing basis of estimates for labor, risks, and schedule durations.
- Support VSL’s with design and execution of staffing strategy to meet/balance customer needs and business objectives.
Direct Report Information
- This position requires indirect leadership of manufacturing employees, with growth potential for direct reports. Provides guidance and support to product value stream focused support functions (ME, QE, Planning and Material Control).
- This position will report to one or more Value Stream Leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred and 1 to 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment. Aerospace experience is a plus.
- Prefer leadership experience, demonstrating an ability to lead, build and manage effective cross-functional teams in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience to develop and execute process standards focused on product area value streams and risk management identification and mitigation
- Ability to solve problems and drive continuous improvements
- Ability to work flexible schedule, which may include evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is preferred
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Customer Focus - Building strong internal and external customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality - Making risk conscience good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Builds effective teams - Building strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Strong communication skills.
- Drives engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through gonest, integrity, and authenticity
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years