Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Manufacturing Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
COI Ceramics (COIC), a part of Orbital ATK’s Space Components Division, leads the industry in the development, fabrication and production of High Temperature Ceramic Matrix Composite Components and test articles. COIC is currently hiring a 1st shift Associate Manufacturing Technician in our San Diego, CA location.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Use of vacuum bagging processes.
- Lay-up of composite structures
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Report data and interface with other employees and departments
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Loading autoclave cure vessels. (Max 150 psi)
- Loading operating oven(s).
- Loading operating high temperature furnaces
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
Basic qualifications include:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; composites materials industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- Able to read, write and work to written instructions, blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic
- Experience or familiarity with ISO requirements, standards, and compliance issues.
- Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, adhere to written procedures
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
Additional experience a plus:
- Knowledge of Lean-Continuous Improvement Principles
- Development of composite layup tooling
- Machining experience
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED