Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Financial Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Principal Financial Analyst to provide leadership to our Armament Systems team in our Plymouth, MN offices.
- Generate and analyze quarterly program profit and loss statements and lead program team through review process
- Create monthly revenue, EBIT, and cash projections and provide variance analysis including identification of programmatic financial risks and opportunities
- Build 5 year program financial plans including revenue, EBIT, and cash
- Coordinate, complete, and review any program required or ad hoc reporting including performance measurement and associated analysis
- Be the point of contact for all program audit inquiries
- Focal point for program cash management and working capital initiatives
- Prepare business cases of potential company investments per prescribed processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- +9 years’ experience
- Strong Financial Analysis skills
- Experience with Cost Control and Working Capital Management
- Ability to work well with Operational team/program managers
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Experience with Earned Value
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Accounting, Financial Analysis, Accounting