Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Convergence Infrastructure Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Convergence Infrastructure Engineer to provide leadership to our Information Services team in our Chandler, AZ offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Top Secret Clearance Required
The Converged Infrastructure Engineer will work as part of a small team to manage a Unix/Microsoft-based DoD network (SIPRNet-Secret Internet Protocol Router Network), including all servers, workstations and laptops, network connectivity, and end user support. This position will be responsible for the planning and execution of upgrades, installations, monitoring and management tools, security practices and overall corporate support architecture. The Converged Infrastructure Engineer is also responsible for daily monitoring and maintenance of servers, backups, managing an inventory database (hardware and software assets). Additional responsibilities include researching, developing and implementing solutions to maintain and enhance current systems, providing 3rd, 2nd and occasionally 1st tier support to user base and other IS staff. The Converged Infrastructure Engineer will also work with the site IS Manager and ISSM (Information Systems Security Manager) and ISSO (Information Systems Security Officer), implementing and enforcing security and system policies in accordance with corporate requirements and Department of Defense requirements.
- Daily administration and operation of server, workstation, network and network storage environments (NAS/SAN).
- Monitor and manage system backups
- Assist with developing system specification and operating instruction documents, best practice guides and revises existing system documentation and procedures to correct deficiencies.
- Collect, correlate, and analyze system and application logs for more advanced troubleshooting of problems.
- Manage several system security applications such as CLAMAV, Symantec, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, antivirus installation and scanning, endpoint security, vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Support installation and upgrades of Engineering Applications
- Plan and coordinate upgrades, security patches and new technologies
- Conduct maintenance on the network, systems and hardware
- Perform software upgrades on the network, systems and hardware
- Work with IS team to perform hardware refreshes.
- Oversee configuration management (hardware and software) of assigned information systems
- Coordinate and maintain relationship with Government Counterparts to ensure availability of extended networks
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance required
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting classified network environment.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of advanced Windows OS (server/workstation/AD) administration
- Ability to travel (if applicable): Travel expectation of 0% – 10%
Skills & Qualifications:
- DNS and DHCP experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Solaris networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, HTTP.
- Experience in managing and maintaining Windows Active Directory, Domain Trusts and Group Policy implementation
- Strong experience in the use of Windows workstation and server operating systems, in the physical and virtual environments. (Windows 2008/2012 – Windows 7 / 10)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Knowledge of UNIX server administration (RHEL6 and 7, Solaris)
- Scripting skills Python, Bash and/or Perl experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) preferred.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology