Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mission Assurance/Quality Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS is currently seeking a Mission Assurance/Quality Engineer to provide leadership to our Missile Products Division team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
- Participate as member of an IPT. Accomplish related results as needed.
- Act as quality liaison for Operations, Program Management, customer, government agencies and other functions.
- Collaborate with customer’s quality engineering personnel.
- Ability to understand and generate quality reports such as First Pass Yield, First Article Inspection, Cost of Quality, etc.
- Analyze data and drive process improvement. Lean Six Sigma training or certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with development of receiving inspection plans and in process inspection plans based upon statistical methods.
- Participate, and prepare presentations for program and Mission Assurance reviews.
- Review data and statistical analysis to assess process capability to meet required standards and specifications.
- Use lean tools such as risk assessment, 8D, DFMEA and/or PFMEA. Will also work with the suppliers to help create a good working relationship and conduct periodic supplier audits to make sure that they are working according to plan.
- Validate and coordinate product readiness for use or delivery, including FAAT qualifications of new suppliers. Will provide and support failure analysis processes for program hardware.
- Perform an independent risk assessment on Mission Assurance issues and communicate those issues.
- BS in Engineering or BS in related technical field
- Minimum of 2 years of Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of Quality Engineering experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand Technical Data Packages, including drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work with custom manufacturing software (specifically, Solumina) to maintain quality records, traceability, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
- Travel 10% or less.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years