Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager of Engineering - Mission Assurance
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Manager of Engineering in our Mission Assurance department in our Elkton, Maryland office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
- Lead a team of Mission Assurance engineers in the successful execution of all market segments within Missile Defense & Controls (MD&C).
- Provide technical guidance, assistance, and mentoring to Mission Assurance engineering personnel.
- Establish and manage Mission Assurance engineer performance metrics to facilitate continuous improvement activities.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs, policies, processes, procedures and that the performance and quality of products conform to established standards, specifications and agency guidelines.
- Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance.
- Support the Mission Assurance engineers as they execute the discrepant material disposition (MRB) for both in-process manufactured and purchased materials.
- Work directly with internal teams to ensure that inspections, process control analyses, and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements and meet specifications.
- Ensure the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and regularly reviewed.
- Establishes and ensures that inspections are conducted prior to the processing of raw materials, ingredients, product and package specifications, frequently at vendor/supplier locations.
- May serve as liaison between the company and the various governmental agencies (DCMA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering discipline
- 5 to 15 years’ experience in Quality in the aerospace (or related) industry. Experience in related engineering areas, i.e. process quality, component engineering, manufacturing, may also be applicable.
- Certified Quality Auditor or Engineer i.e. ASQ preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills including interpersonal relationship building, team facilitation, coaching and mentoring, performance management and goal setting/tracking
- Strong interpersonal, organization and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and committed to a team approach
- Demonstrated skills in decision making across a broad range of responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of Quality Management Systems (AS9100, ISO9001)
- Ability to support travel as necessary (10%)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Reliability, Regulations, AS9100, Audits, Quality Assurance, Lean/Six Sigma, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, Specifications, Compliance, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Process Engineering, Production Control Tools, Compliance, Government Regulations, Cross-functional Leadership, Customer Focus, Career Development, Security Clearance, Performance Management, Employee Development, People Management, Problem Solving, Communication Skills, Engineering