Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Progam Manager
Orbital ATK, Armament Systems is seeking a Sr. Program Manager to support our Medium Caliber portfolio of programs.
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK has a challenging opportunity for a Program Manager in its Medium Caliber Guns Segment, located in Mesa, AZ. This Division of ATK specializes in medium caliber cannons ranging from calibers of 7.62mm up to 50mm. The Program Manager will be responsible for leading the Advanced Programs Portfolio. Primary responsibilities will focus on internal execution of both customer and internally funded research and development, in addition to developing market share protection strategies, product development strategies, and supporting intellectual property rights activities.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Managing the daily execution of Customer Research and Development (CRAD) programs utilizing an Integrated Product Team (IPT) organization
- Providing Project Management oversight to Internal Research and Development (IRAD) Projects
- Crafting and leading product development strategies, including enhancement, upgrades, and new products
- Working with customer stakeholders to develop product and services requirements
- Collaboratively develop intellectual property and market-share protection strategies
- Involvement in Internal Research and Development (IRAD) funding allocation decisions
- Actively managing risks by identifying potential issues and incorporating mitigation plans
- Establishing and clearly communicating portfolio objectives and performance to Guns Segment and Division leadership
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with current and prospective customers to the product portfolios
- Supporting the growth of the CRAD activities through whitepaper submissions and proposal activities
- Bachelors' degree in engineering or related discipline
- Five+ years of Program Management experience
- Two years of Profit & Loss (P&L) experience preferred
- Product development cycle background desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage a cross-functional, self-directed team in a matrixed organization
- Armament Systems/Defense Industry experience desired
- Medium caliber weapons experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage revenue, profit and cash performance of programs
- Strong formal and informal communication skills with all levels of internal and external management
- Understanding of Earned Value Management and Lean/Total Quality Principles is desired
- Experience in Program Baseline Execution
- Ability to operate in an international business environment
- International business experience desired
- Travel requirements: <20%
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to manage risk to reduce likelihood and severity of program impacts
Behavioral Competencies for Success:
- Priority Setting
- Timely Decision Making
- Execution Focus
- Action Oriented
- Written Communications
- Customer Focus
Orbital ATK is built on a foundation of outstanding talent and is committed to growing the skills of our workforce. Our employees experience challenges of national and international significance that can't be overstated. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver innovative solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years