Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Assurance Supervisor – In Process Inspection
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor – In Process Inspection in our Mission Assurance department reporting into our Quality Assurance area in our Elkton, Maryland office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Manage Inspection department personnel and activities.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to fulfill the throughput of parts and materials to meet production and customer schedules.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance and coaching to Inspection employees.
- Implement training and encourage employees to learn new rewarding skills.
- Interact with OA Management, Quality Engineering, Project Engineering, Operations, and Government personnel on matters relating to product quality and acceptance.
- Provide recommendations for purchase and maintain equipment while staying within planned yearly department budget.
- Lead PES improvements and Value Stream / Lean manufacturing initiatives within the group.
- Review results for safety, quality, schedule and cost to accomplish departmental goals.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Supervisory or Group Lead experience.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing and inspection environment.
- Prefer two or more years’ experience in Aerospace mechanical inspections.
- Prefer experience with standard measuring equipment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Prefer knowledge with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) such as AS9100.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing, 5S, FOD and tool control is a plus.
- Prefer prior experience in interpretation and understanding of blue prints and military specifications.
- Proficient in computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and other business applications.
- Prefer strong math skills.
- Ability to obtain secret clearance.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: Lean/Six Sigma, Compliance, Government Regulations, People Management, Written/Verbal Communication, Communication Skills, Operations, Management