Orbital ATK Careers
Staff Aerospace Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Use broad knowledge of vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, propulsion, classical/modern control and estimation theory to solve complex aerospace engineering problems. Contribute to development of new knowledge, concepts, products and innovative solutions. Interpret, organize, execute and coordinate technical assignments for aerospace engineering activities. Plan, organize and supervise the work of a team of engineers and technicians. Evaluate progress and results obtained. Recommend major changes to achieve objectives.
- Flow down top-level requirement to Guidance, Navigation, Flight Control, and Target Tracking. Plan and direct all algorithm design and development. Attend and approve at various reviews.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in airframe design and analysis to generate OML. Research aerodynamics methodology advancements.
- Collaborate in top-level requirement flow-down and simulation results for M&S of flight/orbital mechanics and vehicle dynamics; for navigation sensor selection; for modeling of target dynamics. Attend and approve at various reviews.
- Collaborate in targeting sensor selection based on top-level requirement flow-down and simulation results. Attend and approve at various reviews.
- Collaborate flight vehicle system development. Leverage multi-disciplinary design, optimization, and analysis processes, tools, and efforts. Author proposal papers.
- Collaborate in top-level requirement flow-down and selection of propulsion systems. Attend and approve at various reviews.
- Collaborate in top-level requirement flow-down and selection of actuation systems. Attend and approve at various reviews.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 15 years or Masters in Engineering & 10 years or PhD in Engineering & 7 years.
Demonstrate innovation and problem solving.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years