Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical & Contamination Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Education and Experience
Mechanical & Contamination Technician Job Description:
The selected candidate will work as a Mechanical technician on select aspects of the mechanical build and processing of OrbitalATK Spacecraft as assigned (75%). The candidate will acquire necessary skills on-the-job under the tutelage of senior level technicians and engineers. The candidate should be able to support mechanical leads and engineers with the installation of extremely fragile space flight hardware onto space vehicles and additionally have the ability to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and suggest solutions to engineering for review. Attention to detail, flight hardware awareness, organizational skills, personal skills (including good listening skills), and a “can do - get it done” attitude required.
The technician will be required to support mechanical activities related to spacecraft and subsystem testing including vibration, acoustic, and thermal vacuum testing as assigned. The candidate should be willing to work off shifts, weekends, and overtime. Occasional short term projects which could include travel may be required.
Additionally, this position will perform daily/weekly maintenance cleaning in the clean room environment near flight hardware and EGSE to maintain program cleanliness requirements (25%).
The selected candidate should possess the following skills:
- A thorough understanding of Clean Room requirements, Hazardous Material Handling, Hazardous Operation protocols, and Flight Hardware awareness.
- Proactively identify cleanroom issues, escalate to appropriate personnel, and drive to closure.
- The ability to support, maintain, and advise team mates on FOD and 5S requirements.
- A thorough Hands-on knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of hand tools and mechanical equipment with the ability to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings and BOM's.
- The ability to demonstrate general technical knowledge in manufacturing operations and procedures including interpreting complex engineering drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- The technical prowess to tackle and understand new technical and engineering designs.
- The ability to work closely with other employees in a teaming environment.
The candidate must be a U.S Citizen and shall possess a minimum of 2 years of related experience as a Mechanical technician working on Space Flight hardware. Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power point, FOD, 5S, and Tool Control processes are required. MES, TipQA, Windchill, and CREOView, knowledge preferred.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED