Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Specialist for the Missile Products Division located in Rocket Center, WV. This is a premier manufacturing facility. Manufacturing capabilities encompass electronics assembly, testing and integration for Fuzes and ISDs.
- Serve as technical specialist for all things related to development of electronic products
- Develop test processes for environmental and automated test equipment that includes data analysis, tester design, fixture design, fabrication, verification and validation testing
- Lead assembly efforts for proof of principle designs
- Design, test, document, operate, and maintain instrumentation, laboratory setups, and test fixtures
- Build and test of internal and deliverable hardware given design, parts, and specifications requirements
- Assist in software design, code integration, and verification
- Provide efficient written and verbal communication to team members and customers
- Engineering liaison for development, production, and factory operations as well as testing in the lab and field
- Assist in developing and maintaining plans, processes, and in resolving design or production deficiencies
- Support failure analysis of digital and analog circuits and test equipment
- Ability to read and understand schematics and circuit board layout drawings
- Ability to train others in use of test equipment
- Ability to efficiently use manual bench top test equipment in testing and debugging of digital and analog circuits
- A minimum of a 2-year technical degree in an electronic field of study or equivalent military training
- 8 years of experience in electronic product development, including assembly and test
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Experience with test equipment design and function
- Software and programming experience
- Experience with test data management, including data acquisition and reduction
- Experience with subsystem/system integration and government test range interface
- Technical Knowledge of some or all of the following: Mechanics, Electronics, Electromechanics, Electromagnetics, Mechanics of materials, Explosives, Algorithms/software, Signal/data image processing, Processor architecture, Environmental Testing, Testability, Instrumentation, Acoustics, and Appropriate mil-specs, contract, and regulatory requirements
- Technical skills in specialty areas that may include RF, microwave, optics, transducers, sensors, data acquisition, test equipment, computer operations, programming, and computer science
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED