Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Princ. Software Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Based on goal-oriented objectives, develop, create and modify computer applications software. Analyze user needs and design or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Coordinates with members of multi-functional team to develop innovative solutions.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Software Engineer – Software Defined Radio Orbital ATK seeks a Software Engineer with specialty in Software Define Radio (SDR) to support our customer on-site and perform leading-edge development, and integration of real-time SDR and protocol processing systems.
• Engaging in cutting edge research and development tasks
• Providing requirements and reports to the ASC team in order to support the customer needs
• Analyzing and troubleshooting system performance on-site
• Analyzing and implementing 3G/4G wireless protocols including LTE and/or WiFi
• Implementation of real-time signal processing algorithms on Linux-based SDR platforms
• Representation of ideas in the form of technical reports, requirements documents, and design documents
• Close interaction with software development team
• Top Secret Security Clearance, highly desirable but not required
• B.S. in Engineering field or Computer Science & 10 years of related work experience Computer Science or related field or M.S. preferred minimum of 7 years of related work experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Design, Development, and Integration experience in C/C++
• Experience with developing on Linux systems (preferably Ubuntu)
• Experience in real-time SDR (preference in GNU Radio)
• Familiarity with SW system integration processes, including experience with unit and system testing
• Experience developing systems for the Intelligence and Defense communities
• Knowledge of multi-threaded signal processing algorithms in C++ on Linux hosts
• Knowledge of software development for real-time systems
• Knowledge of digital communications theory, including detection, estimation, and demodulation
• Knowledge of 4G wireless air interface protocols
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years