Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Systems and Integration Engineer
Orbital ATK is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems and Integration Engineer to join our Armament Systems Division team located in Plymouth,Minnesota.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
TheSr. Systems and Integration Engineer role will create and manage operational and manufacturing system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification database, as well as, negotiate requirements with internal and external customers or partners. This position will leverage experience to develop and support operational and manufacturing system Concept of Operations (CONONPS), system analysis, system/subsystem architecture modeling, functional decomposition, systems performance analysis and program verification and validation planning.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with other functional engineers and partners to ensure operational and manufacturing system requirements and plans meet business needs by leveraging Systems Engineering management planning documentation. This may involve negotiating requirements with internal customers, such as, Design Engineering, Program Management and Business Development.
- Drive direction and support operational and manufacturing system trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, creation and management of system requirements, system architecture models, specifications, system timeline analysis and compliance matrices.
- Manage the individual operational and manufacturing system project risks
- Prepare and present operational and manufacturing system engineering materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review and other formal program reviews.
- Create and manage the operational and manufacturing system requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that is satisfies each system requirement.
- Support operational and manufacturing system integration and test engineering function, system verification, system validation and system safety efforts.
- Leverage engineering experience to highlight integration checkpoints necessary between systems engineering and other engineering disciplines.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS in Engineering and four years’ experience or MS in Engineering and two years’ experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Previous Defense contractor experience
- Strong critical thinking and influencing skills
- Able to work autonomously and with little supervision
- Able to travel up to 25%
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years