Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Industrial Engineer
Orbital ATK is seeking an experienced Sr. Principal Industrial Engineer to join our Armament Systems Division, Medium Caliber Ammunition team located in Plymouth, Minnesota.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This role will find ways to eliminate wastefulness in current and proposed operational and manufacturing processes. This role will be responsible for devising efficient ways to use workers, machines, materials, information, facilities and energy to make medium caliber ammunition, as well as, negotiate those requirements with internal and external customers or partners. This position will leverage experience to develop and support facilities that provide high efficiency in manufacturing layout and flow.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with other functional engineers and partners to ensure an efficient operational and manufacturing system and facilities requirements and plans meet business needs by leveraging Operational Engineering management planning documentation. This may involve negotiating requirements with internal customers, such as, Design Engineering, Program Management and Business Development.
- Direct and support operational and manufacturing system trade studies, facility design and layout, detailed schedules, engineering specifications, process flow documentation and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and operations.
- Manage the individual industrial and operational project risks
- Prepare and present industrial engineering materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review and other formal program reviews.
- Create and manage equipment designs and machine layouts to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure products meet quality standards while minimizing production problems and costs.
- Develops and maintains manufacturing routes for maximizing space, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with industry safety and design standards and guidelines.
- Leverage engineering experience to highlight integration checkpoints necessary between systems engineering and other engineering disciplines.
- Negotiate, manage and schedule subcontractor facilities support.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS in Engineering and ten years’ experience, or MS in Engineering and seven years’ experience, or PhD and five years' experience
- Able to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance, must be a US citizen
- Previous Defense contractor experience
- Strong critical thinking and influencing skills
- Able to work autonomously and with little supervision
- Able to travel up to 25%
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years