Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Director Human Resources
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Sr Director, Human Resources to provide HR leadership for the Satellite Systems Division, Advanced Programs Division, Engineering, and Operations of the Space Systems Group. Based in Dulles, VA, the scope includes approximately 1,700 employees in multiple locations/states.
We are seeking a proactive, passionate HR professional who is capable of building sound business relationships, driving HR strategy in support of the overall business strategy, contributing to the profitability of the business, and leading the professional development of the HR staff.
- Responsible for driving the people strategy, organizational design, talent management, workforce planning and the process of change and transformation in alignment with group, division and company strategic plans.
- Acts as primary HR interface and strategic business partner for senior leaders in the division.
- Functions as trusted advisor to senior leadership.
- Drives sustainable programs and performance that will inspire a diverse workforce and enable a high performance culture.
- Leads change initiatives and implements specific HR strategies to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Aligns performance management and reward systems to drive and reinforce desired performance and behaviors.
- Ensures HR programs are strategically aligned to the business priorities.
- Builds mutually beneficial partnership with Group and Corporate HR process owners to ensure divisions benefits from high impact HR initiatives.
- Supports Corporate and Group HR strategy and initiatives.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods
- Develops and leads planning, design, implementation, communication and delivery of the company’s HR initiatives across the division.
- Collaborates and maintains relationships with leaders across the division (Engineering, PM, BD, Finance, etc.) in the planning, implementation and monitoring of HR initiatives.
- Proactively engages in strategic business planning where there is HR impact in order to ensure successful implementation of HR processes and programs
- Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data require an in depth evaluation of multiple factors. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance on HR systems, programs and processes
- Leads and develops the division HR team, creating a high performing HR Team.
- Drives division leadership accountability for the application of performance management process and tools, and on-going coaching.
- Leads and influences division leadership in the design and implementation of leadership and employee development strategies and programs.
- Facilitates the execution of division leadership planning and programs to strengthen the talent pipeline.
- Assesses and acts on compensation related issues that affect employee productivity, business land performance and talent acquisition.
- Develops the long-term HR strategy and calendar year HR operational plan to support the business strategy and annual plans.
- BS degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Psychology or related field. Masters in Business or HR preferred.
- Twelve (12) or more year’s progressive HR experience across the various sub-domains including compensation, staffing, talent management, employee relations with at least five (5) years of leadership experience.
- Generalist understanding and experience of employee relations, diversity, staffing, compensation, benefits, and training/development.
- Previous multi-site responsibility highly desirable.
- Demonstrated abilities working in a matrix environment.
- Continuous Improvement using key performance indicators or metrics.
- Change Management practices with experience in leading change.
- Talent assessment — ability to manage performance and talent management programs.
- HR experience in Aerospace, Defense and/or high technology industry.
- Strong leadership and team development skills.
- Ability to build partnerships and business relationships across various functions and businesses.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage complex and sometimes conflicting issues.
- Enthusiasm for change, innovation, and challenging existing conventions.
- Demonstrates personal leadership skills; high performance behaviors, self-initiative, influencing, negotiation, and collaboration.
- Keen business acumen, understanding of financials, profit and loss, and business trends.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Human Resources