Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Management Analyst
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Data Managenment Analyst’s primary function is to manage data. Most data is now digital, and exists all over the place in data silos. These disconnected databases are managed by different functions within the division. This new position is necessary to help establish data structure and quality, identify and develop needed interfaces, and define data modeling and architecture standards. It is not an IT position. We have the responsibility to manage supplier data, as well as submit data we develop, to our customers.
- A Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) and 4 or more years of related experience required.
- SQL type Skills for managing relational databases are helpful.
- Navigating Database S/W. The ability to work with data mining, predictive forecasting, statistical optimization, general data processing, reporting, querying, etc., all necessary skills.
- Understanding database design. Knowledge of data warehousing techniques, ERP (enterprise resource planning), PDM (Product Data Management), and ETL (extract, transfer, load) will continue to grow in importance
- A solid understanding of newer/emerging technologies in this area is imperative.
- Understanding data integrity and the potential weaknesses.
- The ability to work well with management to develop data governance solutions, and supporting procedures is also key
- The perfect candidate will have a CDMP certification (from the DAMA org)
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years