Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Director of Organizational Effectiveness
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Director of Organizational Effectiveness to partner with the Innovation Systems Sector’s HRVP to lead organizational change and develop critical organizational capabilities. The position will be located in Dulles, Virginia. As the sector’s chief management consultant, the Director will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational and talent strategies to transform the workforce and enable top tier business performance in partnership with sector business and HR leaders.
Drive sector change strategy and implementation in alignment with business strategies and objectives; address key focus areas including sector integration, talent management and development, engagement and inclusion.
Lead the design, development and implementation of organization change efforts necessary to realize integration with the broader company and business strategy; organization assessment and development initiatives; and design, delivery and facilitation of interventions to develop strong leadership teams.
Develop strategic partnerships with the Executive Team, HR Business Leaders/Partners, and other internal clients to identify and intervene on change management initiatives that foster organization effectiveness and to address enterprise and sector strategic goals and needs.
Lead talent management strategy and supporting activities for the sector; partner with business and HR leaders to identify and develop diverse talent pools at multiple levels – strengthening the pipeline and readiness of future people and technical leaders. Create sustainable competitive advantage by aligning talent, operating models, and business strategy.
Serve as a thought leader for sector on employee engagement; lead the HR team's assessment of annual sector results and the development and implementation of the sector’s employee engagement action plans. Support sector leaders; leverage corporate leadership development and coaching resources as well as sector initiatives to ensure that leaders have the organizational support necessary for effective leadership.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
Excellent business acumen. Proven understanding of how HR and organizational change processes and tools accelerate business results. Demonstrated success leading broad organization changes within cost and schedule and achieving client expectations. Demonstrated success managing complex and competing organizational priorities. Strong leader and collaborator; focused on organizational and team success. Courageous; takes risks in ideas and actions to progress the organization. Grounded in the academic, but highly practical in approach. Solution-oriented; balances qualitative and quantitative measures. Unwavering ethics and values; trusted partner. Ability to provide strategic thought leadership; build strong relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates; collaborate across the organization; and influence without direct authority. Demonstrated success translating OE and OD concepts and tools to business solutions and outcomes for sustainable business differentiation in the marketplace. Comfortable challenging the status quo. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Confident executive presence.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience in Organization Effectiveness, Talent Management, and/or related field.
• The candidate must have deep organization change and effectiveness, talent management and project leadership experience; experience leading organization effectiveness, performance management, talent review and succession planning strategies/processes.
• The individual selected will also have a proven track record of being able to assess, diagnose and design creative and innovative talent management processes and solutions for a highly skilled workforce.
• Must have strong relationship building skills; proven track record of building collaborative partnerships as the basis for being able to influence direction and drive change
• Possess exceptional consultative skills that combine thought leadership, influential communication, and strategic problem solving to design and drive people-related change (can start with a blank sheet, design a plan/program/process and then systemically execute.)
• The ability to obtain a Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance is required.
• Occasional travel required.
• Master's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
• Certifications relevant to human resources, organizational development, and leadership coaching.
• Experience working with highly skilled technical talent.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Human Resources, Human Resources