Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer with EB (Electron Beam) Weld experience to provide leadership to our team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
This is a second shift position for at least the first year.
- Develop Manufacturing Process and Documentation that insures production hardware and test articles meet engineering and configuration requirements
- Develop EB weld parameters and 5 axis CNC code, assist operations in EB welder machine setup and debug
- Provide analysis and data to support review boards and investigations
- Instruct machine operators on technique and operation of manufacturing equipment
- Perform observations of manufacturing process to establish reasonable expectation of daily throughput
- Interface with all levels and departments of plant
- Prepare process drawings
- Participate in tooling design, fact finding, and failure investigations
- Ability to work second shift
- Technical Degree and minimum of 5 years related experience in machine shop environment, will consider recent graduate with demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with GTAW, Electron Beam Welding
- Capable of writing and editing CNC programs for both turning and machining centers
- Capable of CNC machine setup and optimization of process
- Computer skills must include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience using CAD/CAM software, ACAD,MASTERCAM, Solid Works or NX
- Experience with cutting tool selection, fixture design and metal processing
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with external customers and all plant personnel
- Comfortable making presentations in front of peers and senior leadership
- Working knowledge of GD&T as defined by ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
Not required but desired
- Experience with operation and programming of robotic part loaders
- Experience with Flow Forming and Spin Forming equipment
- Knowledge and experience with SPC techniques
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of Lean manufacturing
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years