Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer with EB (Electron Beam) Weld experience to provide leadership to our team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
This is a second shift position for at least the first year.
- Develop Manufacturing Process and Documentation that insures production hardware and test articles meet engineering and configuration requirements
- Develop EB weld parameters and 5 axis CNC code, assist operations in EB welder machine setup and debug
- Provide analysis and data to support review boards and investigations
- Instruct machine operators on technique and operation of manufacturing equipment
- Perform observations of manufacturing process to establish reasonable expectation of daily throughput
- Interface with all levels and departments of plant
- Prepare process drawings
- Participate in tooling design, fact finding, and failure investigations
- Ability to work second shift
- Technical Degree and minimum of 5 years related experience in machine shop environment, will consider recent graduate with demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with GTAW, Electron Beam Welding
- Capable of writing and editing CNC programs for both turning and machining centers
- Capable of CNC machine setup and optimization of process
- Computer skills must include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience using CAD/CAM software, ACAD,MASTERCAM, Solid Works or NX
- Experience with cutting tool selection, fixture design and metal processing
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with external customers and all plant personnel
- Comfortable making presentations in front of peers and senior leadership
- Working knowledge of GD&T as defined by ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
Not required but desired
- Experience with operation and programming of robotic part loaders
- Experience with Flow Forming and Spin Forming equipment
- Knowledge and experience with SPC techniques
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of Lean manufacturing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years