Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Director of Business Development
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Director, Business Development for our Baltimore, MD Group Headquarters location.
We are seeking a full time, experienced Director, Business Development. This position will report to the Vice President, Business Development for the Defense Systems Group and be responsible for supporting Business Operations identifying, analyzing and pursuing emergent opportunities, across the Northrop Grumman innovation systems product portfolio. Additional tasks will be required to support overall strategy development, pursuit characterization, Group and Business unit pursuits and overall engagement plans for the Defense Systems Group and Washington Operations.
- Business Analysis / Business Modeling:
- Analyze cross-functional/Group pursuit opportunities for Defense Systems Group; identify OA capability synergies and complementary technologies providing OA strategic capability advantage.
- Build and maintain customer relations with Dept of Defense, State, and Transportation in support of new business. Will also directly and indirectly support advocacy with relevant industry associations.
- Build business case assessments for opportunities utilizing customer, defense association, industrial partner and internal technical expertise.
- Market Intelligence and Forecasting:
- Develop market driven analysis for Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems products and services, competitor products and services, and new potential offerings.
- Perform market research to answer narrow to broad defense business inquiries and drive decision making.
- Maintain close and constant contact within the A&D Industry, including senior company, international and domestic government leaders, defense association, and industrial partners.
- Strategic Planning Support:
- Support the strategy formation process in support of the Operating Groups.
- Actively participate in Group and Division level business strategy team meetings to stay appraised of program and pursuit status, technological advancements and provide customer requirement insights.
- Develop prioritized pursuit and campaign plans for key Defense Group focus programs.
- Gather data about existing and potential adjacent markets.
- Provide input for market forecasts and analyze trends that will form the basis for building near- to mid-term strategy.
- Assemble and execute business strategies and campaign plans.
- Identify key products and markets to achieve growth and profitability goals.
- Campaign Plans and Communications Execution:
- Develop long-term, positive relationships with existing, new and strategic customers, to ensure portfolio is well known and respected.
- Actively participate in A&D Industry events, associations, conferences and symposiums watching for market trends and emergent opportunities.
- Make strategic adjustments to key program business development campaign plans as necessary to adapt to technology breakthroughs and evolving customer’s interest.
- Participate in proposal preparation, review and approval process to ensure fully compliant proposals are prepared and delivered to customers on-time.
- Must hold (or have recently held) DoD Secret.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; business or analytical desired; MBA desired.
- Ten years of overall experience in national security or the aerospace and defense industry.
- Government and DoD experience; operational and acquisition experience desired.
- Travel required 25-50%.
- Current passport with the ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to interpret complex defense-related issues and translate into business opportunities.
- Skilled in leading internal presentations regarding Business Development/pursuit resource allocations, pursuit status, customer strategic plans and competitor capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to influence audiences through persuasion.
- Experience with and oriented toward metrics in business analysis.
- Experience leading diverse teams.
- Interpersonal skills; build and maintain strong rapport with both internal and external partners.
- Be an ambassador for OA during all customer interactions.
- Depth and breadth of experience with defense products and services, including understanding of DoD weapons programs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for mo
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Business Development