Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer/Applications Engineer for our Rocket Center WV location.
- Develop Manufacturing Process and Documentation that insures production hardware and test articles meet engineering and configuration requirements
- The ideal candidate would have 10+ years’ experience in developing machining process’s on mutil-spindel CNC lathe equipment.
- Ideally the candidate would have experience with Tornos, Index or similar multi-spindle equipment. Experience with manual ACME or New Brittan type of manual machine a plus.
- In order to develop these processes several skills will be needed: Manual Machining experience, Advanced knowledge and experience with tooling selection, Working relationship tooling vendors, Advanced CNC programing Skills(preferably proficient/experienced with multiple software systems), 2D/3D/Modeling CAD system, Custom Tool Design.
- Proficient/experienced in developing written work instructions. Experience with custom gauging and gauge design
- Statistical Process Control experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering and minimum of 5 years related experience in machine shop environment.
- Capable of writing and editing CNC programs
- Capable of CNC machine setup and optimization of process
- Computer skills must include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience using CAD/CAM software, ACAD,MASTERCAM, Solid Works or Pro-E
- Experience with cutting tool selection, fixture design and metal and/ or composite material processing
- Knowledge and experience with SPC techniques
- Experience with operation and programming of robotic part loaders
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with external customers and all plant personnel
- Comfortable making presentations in front of peers and senior leadership
- Working knowledge of GD&T as defined by ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of Lean manufacturing
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years