Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manager Environmental, Health and Safety
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Manager Environmental, Health and Safety in our Mission Assurance department in our Rocket Center, West Virginia office.
- Manage the Environmental, Health and Safety department. Requirements include:
- Provide daily Management of the Environmental, Health and Safety Team including prioritizing efforts, costs and resources.
- Ensure that all Rocket Center requirements for compliance to Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and laws are met.
- Ensure that adequate risk identification and mitigation efforts are conducted.
- Use safety data to organize value-added safety analysis.
- Drive safety and environmental capital improvement projects.
- Ensure that customer and DCMA expectations and requirements are successfully addressed.
- Ensure that environmental, health and safety personnel maintain the required skill level.
- Ensure that application of A HOPS and energetic specific regulations are strictly enforced. Serve as secretary of PPCB.
- Successfully integrate and work as a strategic partner to the other functional managers.
- BS in Safety or Engineering
- 5 or more years directly related experience
- Background and knowledge in Energetics operations
- Core Competencies Summary:
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees: team members, hazardous operations personnel, business leadership, support groups, etc.
- Must be comfortable working closely with all levels of organization and business management.
- Practical application of safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Communication skills to transfer knowledge to various audiences, selling concepts and presenting well.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementation of ISO 14001 Environment Systems standard and in lean principles.
- Strong coordination and organizational abilities
- Previous leadership experience.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years