Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Mission Assurance/Quality Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Associate Mission Assurance/Quality Engineer to provide leadership to our Missile Products Division team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
- Participate as member of an IPT. Accomplish related results as needed.
- Act as quality liaison for Operations, Program Management, customer, government agencies and other functions.
- Collaborate with customer’s quality engineering personnel.
- Ability to understand and generate quality reports such as First Pass Yield, First Article Inspection, Cost of Quality, etc.
- Analyze data and drive process improvement. Lean Six Sigma training or certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with development of receiving inspection plans and in process inspection plans based upon statistical methods.
- Participate, and prepare presentations for program and Mission Assurance reviews.
- Review data and statistical analysis to assess process capability to meet required standards and specifications.
- Use lean tools such as risk assessment, 8D, DFMEA and/or PFMEA. Will also work with the suppliers to help create a good working relationship and conduct periodic supplier audits to make sure that they are working according to plan.
- Validate and coordinate product readiness for use or delivery, including FAAT qualifications of new suppliers. Will provide and support failure analysis processes for program hardware.
- Perform an independent risk assessment on Mission Assurance issues and communicate those issues.
- BS in Engineering or BS in related technical field
- Ability to read and understand Technical Data Packages, including drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work with custom manufacturing software (specifically, Solumina) to maintain quality records, traceability, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
- Travel 10% or less.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year