Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is a premier aerospace and defense company with more than 18,000 employees in 22 states, Puerto Rico and internationally. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or a military operation. We are a Fortune 500 company and the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK designs and manufactures defense and defense related products including rocket motors, warheads, gas generators, ceramic composites for aircraft components and launch tubes, metals and munitions as well as electronics, integration and test of electronic fuzes and sensors. Our manufacturing capabilities encompass motor and warhead loading, static and air-breathing testing, fiber placement, filament winding, hand lay-up, compression molding, high rate machining, flow forming, welding, assembly, and integration and test.
Orbital ATK’s Missile Products Division has exciting opportunity for a Scientist located at the Allegany Ballistics Laboratory near Cumberland, MD. This position will support the development and manufacture of propellant, explosive and adhesive formulations for rocket motor and warhead programs.
- Manage propellant production from subscale through production for assigned programs
- Formulating existing and novel energetic and adhesive compositions
- Proactively interact within cross-functional program teams
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Statistical based analysis of physical and chemical technical data
- Perform duties within industry specific regulations regarding safety, product and material requirements and plant operations
- Takes responsibility for assuring quality, cost effectiveness and timely completion of projects
- Perform technical planning, cost estimation and general proposal support for new business captures
- Presents papers at technical meetings
- Continuously improve technical and business acumen to ultimately serve as a subject matter expert
- Across various disciplines diverse working environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related scientific field, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred
- 0-10 years related work experience in energetics, adhesives or other chemistry field
- Ability to understand relevant chemistries including elements of polymer, organic, physical and inorganic
- Ability and willingness to work outside of standard work hours when needed to resolve issues
- High ethical standards of work and personal conduct
- Ability to understand and interpret physical and chemical properties data
- Understanding of statistics related to Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Proficiency in MS office tools and web-based organizational filing
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Able to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Have demonstrated capability for independent work and creativity
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a cross functional team
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Orbital ATK is on the move. We have the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, full Medical and Dental, 401k, Tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years