Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Financial Analyst
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
DES is currently recruiting for a Principle Program Financial Analyst role at our Northridge, CA location. As the Principal Program Financial Analyst, you will work closely with all functions within our Air Warfare Systems Market Area including executive leadership, program management, supply chain, operations, engineering and scheduling for program cost control and EAC development.
- Responsible for preparing, analyzing and reviewing program performance measurement and cost variances.
- Oversight of program performance metrics for tracking program schedule and cost performance
- Provide cost control and financial support for program management and Integrated Program Team (IPT).
- Prepare monthly forecast program financials including orders, revenue, profit and cash flow for both booked and potential programs
- Preparation of monthly journal entries related to the program
- Generate and analyze quarterly program Estimates at Complete (EACs); ensuring revenue recognition in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Corporate policies
- Track and manage program billings and cash collections
- Sarbanes Oxley lead for the Northridge location
- Assist with preparation of the monthly market area operation reviews
- Work independently to identify solutions and provide strategic direction in a dynamic & ambiguous environment.
- Support management reviews and audits on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis consisting of operations, planning, program management and EAC reviews.
To qualify, candidate must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years of related work experience
- Defense Contracting Finance experience
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Dedicated to teamwork
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years