Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Composite Inspector
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for a Principal Composite Inspector to provide support to our Quality team in our Clearfield, UT location
This is an internal and external job posting.
• Internal candidates will be required to complete the formal interview process. If selected for this position, internal candidates will be expected to be able to obtain a secret clearance to support all COE programs.
• External candidates must have or have had a secret clearance in the past and will be required to complete the formal interview process.
- Electronically prepare and compile all end item / IBO documents and present to customer for final sale and delivery of end item hardware
- Work closely with multiple departments and individuals to obtain the required build history and draft a Certificate of Conformance
- Learn and understand various customer requirements to determine acceptability of end item hardware
- Candidate must have 6 years of inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (see above)
- Candidate should have technical strengths in composite processing, operations, and inspection
- Must be able to use standard measuring inspection tools/equipment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and drawings
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience in interfacing with various customers
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a typical manufacturing environment
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED