Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Composite Inspector
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Principal Composite Inspector to provide support to our Quality team in our Clearfield, UT location
This is an internal and external job posting.
• Internal candidates will be required to complete the formal interview process. If selected for this position, internal candidates will be expected to be able to obtain a secret clearance to support all COE programs.
• External candidates must have or have had a secret clearance in the past and will be required to complete the formal interview process.
- Electronically prepare and compile all end item / IBO documents and present to customer for final sale and delivery of end item hardware
- Work closely with multiple departments and individuals to obtain the required build history and draft a Certificate of Conformance
- Learn and understand various customer requirements to determine acceptability of end item hardware
- Candidate must have 6 years of inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (see above)
- Candidate should have technical strengths in composite processing, operations, and inspection
- Must be able to use standard measuring inspection tools/equipment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and drawings
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience in interfacing with various customers
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a typical manufacturing environment
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
To learn more about Orbital ATK visit the following link: http://www.orbitalatkcomposites.com/
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED