Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Design Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking Tool/Machine Sr. Design Technician for our Clearfield, UT location.
As a Tooling/Machine Sr. Design Technician for Orbital ATK, you will be responsible for development of the design concept and producing efficient designs that support Orbital ATK’s Aerospace requirements.
The potential candidate will support a variety of activities including:
- Develop tooling and machine design concepts and support Tool and Machine Design Engineers in creating 3D models and drawings in the TcUA (Product lifecycle management system)
- Ensure models and drawings meet all department standards and customer requirements
- Present models and drawings in design reviews to ensure safety, quality, delivery, cost objectives and customer satisfaction with design from all team members
- Manage multiple projects and customers while creating efficient designs to meet the program cost and schedule requirements
- Work with internal customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs
- Work closely with Tool and Machine Design Engineers to create final drawings and meet design costs and schedules
- Review models drawings and designs for manufacturability
- Support continuous improvement both personally and with a team
- Bachelor of Science in Design/Drafting or equivalent experience required (education will be verified)
- 4-6 years of relating engineering experience required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with model checking for accuracy and model integrity
- Experience with creating drawings
- Familiar with machine design and aircraft tooling
- Ability to work overtime as necessary is required
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- CATIA V5 experience preferred
- TcUA, NX or other 3D modeling software preferred
- Machining experience preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance preferred
Competencies for Success:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years