Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Non-Destructive Testing Inspector (Ultrasonic)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level I Ultrasonic Technician to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
This job involves performing Ultrasonic (UT) inspections using automated inspection systems and handheld techniques to determine acceptability of composite aircraft parts throughout the manufacturing process for quality and design verification in a fast paced high rate production environment. Based on the technical nature of this position, experience and training is required to meet Level 1 certification requirements per NAS410.
- Minimum of 0 – 2 years of Ultrasonic inspection experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualify and complete required experience, formal classroom training and written/practical examinations to be a certified Level 1 Ultrasonic Inspector
- Must be able to follow work instructions as directed by a Level 2 inspector
- Exhibit competencies and skills necessary to become a certified Level 1 inspector
- Support manufacturing operations in high rate rocket motor production facility
- Perform physical requirements of the position, including handling/positioning parts in the Ultrasonic inspection tanks to perform Ultrasonic inspections
- Candidate should have technical strengths in composite processing, operations, and inspection
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality and ability to work overtime as required
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
- Operating automated Ultrasonic inspection systems
- Ultrasonic inspection experience
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High aptitude for learning
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
To learn more about Orbital ATK visit the following link: http://www.orbitalatkcomposites.com/
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED