Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Communications Specialist to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
The Communications Specialist will contribute to a fast-paced Communications Department. Duties include both project based work, customer support horizontally across a matrixed organization, administrative functions and other functions as needed. The focus will be supporting Internal Communications, writing/editing, publication/printing requests, proposal creation, tradeshow preparation, and coordination and varying administrative duties.
- Manage creation and dissemination of content across all Internal Communication mediums:
- Daily Information e-mail
- Daily video messagin
- Daily Intranet website managemen
- Monthly Division newsletter
- Perform general Communication Department duties:
- Printing (Xerox V180)
- Laminating, etc.
- Provide proposal/presentation support:
- Work closely with proposal team to meet strict deadlines on short notice
- Layout and construct proposals/presentations
- Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and punctuation and make appropriate corrections
- Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy
- Perform general administrative office duties:
- Order supplies and stationery
- Data input
- Maintain files/folders
- Coordinate tradeshows and events:
- Prepare/coordinate materials
- Register company and attendees
- Manage and maintain budgets
- Work with other Communications personnel across the Group and Corporation
- Provide administrative support tasks as needed
- High School diploma/GED required (education will be verified)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6 years of experience current/recent experience in a Communication/Publications environment
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Some experience in Photoshop and InDesign software programs
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials
- Associates Degree preferred
- Some experience in basic photography and videography preferred
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with accuracy and composure
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals demonstrating tact and poise
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and a “can-do” attitude
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic,fast paced, diverse environment
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
To learn more about Orbital ATK visit the following link: http://www.orbitalatkcomposites.com/
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED