Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Production Operator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking several Production Operators to work in our Magna, UT location.
This is an internal and external job posting.
- Internal candidates will be required to complete the formal interview process. If selected for this position, internal candidates will continue to work in their assigned area until secret clearance is obtained. Once secret clearance is obtained, internal candidates will transfer to fill this position.
- External candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance and complete the formal interview process.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Production Operator, you work on the next generation composite structures.
This job involves the fabrication of composite hardware using a variety of methods such as hand layup, bonding, assembly, trimming and final finishing. It will require development of skills to competently perform a wide variety of tasks designed to produce product that meet our customer expectations. Tasks may be in team environments or individual based.
Candidate must have 1-2 years of experience in aerospace or manufacturing environment and/or hand tools
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (see above)
- Must be able to use standard measuring equipment
- Must be able to use power hand tools
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
- Current security clearance or previous security clearance preferred
- Composite experience and/or certification preferred
- Previous composite, manufacturing, or production experience preferred
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
To find out more about Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, please click the link below:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED