Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Electrical Maintenance Technician
With projected annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Electrical Maintenance Technician for our Maintenance Team in our Clearfield, Utah location. Due to the current relocation of work in the near future, position will be transferred to the Magna, Utah facility in the June 2018 timeframe.
This is an internal and external job posting.
- Internal candidates will be required to complete the formal interview process. If selected for this position, internal candidates will be expected to be able to obtain a secret clearance to support applicable programs.
- External candidates must have or have had a secret clearance in the past and will be required to complete the formal interview process.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Electrical Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Perform routine electrical/electronic preventative maintenance on plant equipment, on our CNC machines, Boilers, Auto claves, HVAC, General lighting, Air compressors, Hydraulic systems, Overhead Bridge Cranes etc.
- Responsible for the repair, modification and maintenance of a variety of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Perform tasks like wiring circuits, replacing components and repairing electronic devices.
- Performs test readings using several different instruments, including semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, signal generators and digital multi-meters
- Other duties to support Maintenance Team as assigned
- High School diploma/GED required (education will be verified)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4-6 years of experience working in the manufacturing industry as an Electrical Maintenance Technician
Skills & Qualifications:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Background in Electrical fundamentals
- VFD drives
- PLC Experience
- Electrician: Must be licensed and knowledgeable in 3 phase and single-phase power distribution systems, motor controls, wiring and trouble shooting of such systems.
- Experience with 480volt power and logic circuits
- Strong computer, math, analytical, and planning skills
- Current on NEC code
- Must be able to understand and follow electrical schematics proficiently without supervision
- Familiar with machine control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot (complex) machine control systems
- Able to interpret PLC logic as it relates to its application to process and equipment for troubleshooting purposes
- Identify the features and functions of controllers
- Describe and compare pneumatic and electronic controllers
- Identify the signal path through a control circuit
- Describe the function of resistors, comparators, proportional band amplifiers, integral amplifiers, differentiating amplifiers, summing amplifiers, and the transducer
- Visually identify indicators on electronic controllers as well as set point, process, output, and alarms
- Visually identify controls on electronic controllers as well as set point control, auto-manual selector switch, and manual/valve control
- Identify appropriate equipment and demonstrate procedures for calibrating and troubleshooting display indicators
- Identify appropriate test points and demonstrate procedures for calibrating and troubleshooting alarm indicators
- Identify appropriate equipment for calibrating control circuits and calibrate proportional, integral, and derivative zero on the control circuit
- Identify appropriate equipment for troubleshooting control circuits
- Working knowledge and experience working on HVAC equipment
- Troubleshooting and making repairs to electrical circuits
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Licensed Journeyman or Master Electrician
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to solve problems
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED