Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Composite Inspector
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Sr. Composite Inspector to provide support to our Quality team in our Clearfield, UT location.
This position is in the Receiving Quality Control department.
Job responsibilities include:
- Independently review supplier paperwork, verifying material pass/fail criteria against Engineering inspection requirements
- Visual inspection and basic dimensional measurements of incoming materials
- Reading chart records to determine material shelf life and expiration dates
- Counting and tagging of boxes and individual parts
- Computer processing and status of material acceptance within the material management system
- Filing acceptance paperwork for record retention
- Candidate must have 4-6 years of inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
- Aerospace quality experience preferred
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. during inspections
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Must be able to use standard measuring inspection tools/equipment
- Ability to work in hot and below zero conditions
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
- Air travel for source inspection may be up to 10% depending on Company need
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High aptitude for learning
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
To learn more about Orbital ATK visit the following link: http://www.orbitalatkcomposites.com/
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED