Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Mechanical Maintenance Technician - - DOD Clearance Required
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Mechanical Maintenance Technician for our Maintenance Team in our Clearfield, Utah location. Due to the current relocation of work in the near future, position will be transferred to the Magna, Utah facility in the June 2018 timeframe.
This is an internal and external job posting.
- Internal candidates will be required to complete the formal interview process. If selected for this position, internal candidates will be expected to be able to obtain a secret clearance to support applicable programs.
- External candidates must have or have had a secret clearance in the past and will be required to complete the formal interview process.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on plant equipment, cranes, MC machines, Auto claves, vacuum systems, cooling towers, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- High School diploma/GED required (education will be verified)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4-6 years of experience working in a manufacturing industry as a Mechanical Maintenance or Service Technician
Skills & Qualifications:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required
- Knowledge and experience working with power tools
- Troubleshooting and making repairs to electrical circuits
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to solve problems
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self motivated / self reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED