Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Pr. Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Candidate will be responsible for design/deployment/test/installation of satellite ground stations. This will include developing and executing test procedures to certify the stations for operation.
- Troubleshoot and debug ground stations.
- ·Assist in the procurement of new ground stations including design, specification, and subcontracts oversight.
- Minimum of 10 years Experience in the areas of satellite ground station design, operation, and/or repair and maintenance
- Requires ability to read schematics, operate RF test equipment and debug down to the component level
- ·Experience in the design, assembly and certification of satellite communications test equipment
- · Must be familiar with satellite ground station specifications and test procedures
- The candidate will be required to have the skills necessary to interface with test equipment via software
- Interfaces and develop software to automate the testing.
- Experience in developing hardware interface and software for test environments
- · Candidate will be responsible for developing ground station simulators for use in testing of space flight communications hardware Experience in VxWorks
- Experience in developing and executing test and certification procedures
- ·This will include the development of test equipment hardware requirements, specifications, and certification test procedures
- Preferred Experience:
- Security Certifications: Security+ or CCISP
- Experience with vendor and subcontractor management
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and ten years expereince required
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WITH SSBI REQUIRED
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years