Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Materials Program Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Material Program Admin to provide support to our Missile Products Division team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Material Program Admin will have complete program responsibility and authority to manage all program subcontracts, materials and services. The successful candidate will manage the definition of program outsourcing requirements and will lead the integrated program team (IPT) and direct functional organizations to achieve material-related program objectives (cost, schedule, quality), while managing and communicating material risks and opportunities.
- Convey to the Program Manager and IPT a full understanding of the materials acquisition and subcontractor requirements and plan.
- Lead the IPT and direct functional organizations to achieve material-related program objectives (cost, schedule, quality), while managing material risks and opportunities.
- Ensure program budget, materials availability, and quality objectives are met by managing and directing the activities of IPT members, the Procurement Team and external suppliers and customers.
- Develop and communicate material acquisition and subcontractor management objectives and strategies.
- Manage the Make/Buy process
- Manage material risks and obsolescence
- Track and communicate performance against program Financial objectives (budget performance, sales and EBIT)
- Identify and promptly communicate all deficiencies and deviations from plan and assure and manage actions required to correct them.
- Represent Supply Chain Management to Customers, Program Management and OATK Management
- Support internal and external audits.
- Manage material-related proposal activity including line-loss and quotation requests.
- Proactively manage and monitor supplier performance.
- Promote a focus on safety and utilize Lean, PES or Six Sigma tools throughout program planning and implementation to emphasize continuous improvement.
- BS or BA
- Demonstrated knowledge of production, material control and financial procedures and systems (such as Proposal, Line of Balance, EAC, and Sales Forecasting)
- Two (2) or more years directly related experience with progressively broader responsibility in Materials Management or related discipline with some degree of leadership experience
- Familiarity with government contracting requirements and compliance
- Some travel may be required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years